Home » News » Informative Report

Informative Report

The purpose of informative reports is to teach and inform and help others learn to create more insight. An informative report has to be clear and exciting. The main goal is to grab the reader’s attention and be accurate with your writing but as well add creativity. One can lose the sight of being creative when writing an informative report. When writing, one needs to consider the audience as the professor/instructor and classmates. One should make sure the topic we’re writing about is specific. We can teach our readers about our topics as well as learn from other reports. Writers should have an objective stance. An objective stance means that there are no sides taken. Being subjective means letting readers know the writer is taking sides and one wants to write with no preference. Reading some of the sample informative reports, one that stood out was “Chatting Online about Stocks”, since it was very informative and made me gain more knowledge about something that can be useful to me in the future. One of its strengths was that it was interesting to read. Personally, I usually get bored reading the first paragraph, however, reading this grabbed my attention quickly. Honestly, I have no further questions in regards to the structure and the prewriting process. Possible ideas I can write a report on is birth control and the effects it has on the body. I can also write about the psychological effects different disorders have and how we can help diagnose patients.