Home » News » Memorandum Reflection

Memorandum Reflection

While writing my reflection, I wanted to write about something everyone can relate to. Yes COVID-19 is such an overrated topic, regardless, it is still an issue in today’s society. It did not require too much planning because I knew I wanted to talk about COVID. However, I didn’t just want to talk about the pandemic. I wanted to talk about specifically, COVID protocols in schools. I am a student, most people I know are just not starting to go back to school online after two years of being remote, so why not? I wanted to talk about my own experiences but I also wanted others to be able to read my memorandum and think “wow I experienced that too” or “I have seen that with others around me”. Like I said, I wanted everyone to relate. 

In my memorandum, I wish to put in more of an author’s tone. I wish I had more of my own personalized experiences, not only in schools but in the workplace since I know in the two years many people went back to work. I work at a retail store and I can believe that most teenagers my age or even adults have worked retail and can see the difference from before and after the pandemic; they also have experienced what I am experiencing and have their opinions. I’m proud of the fact I took a stand on my opinion and stood up for it. Some schools, especially public schools , would just vaccinate their students without telling their parents only because it’s “mandated”, however, are they really doing more harm than good? I am also proud of including the amendments in my argument; I believed it made my argument stronger.